We have had another busy week filled with new learning. We have nearly finished our biographies which we are looking forward to displaying in class and sharing with the younger children. In RE we have been thinking about the ‘Our Father’ and what it really means. We even managed to find it in the New Testament. Our focus has turned to multiplication in maths and we have started to explore a range of methods to support us when problem solving.
Take a look at some of our art work below…we have been looking at digital media techniques with a focus on the artist – Ivan Dixon. I think we have some game developers of the future!
Below are a couple of reminders for next week. If you have any questions please don’t hesitate to ask. Have a lovely weekend with your families.
Up and coming dates
- Monday 9th – You are welcome to join us at 3pm to try some fruity flapjacks – you can take the children home after you have had a taste! This is part of our well being fortnight (more information on the newsletter this week with some extra whole school dates).
- Tuesday 10th – Children will need to wear PE kit.
- Wednesday 11th – Children will need to wear PE kit.
- Thursday 12th October – Open Day – please see additional letter about Year 6 tour guides
- Friday 13th – PE kit as usual.
- Monday 16th October – I am planning to take the children on a local walk. Please can you make sure they have a waterproof coat (with a hood) and come in their outdoor PE kit on this day.
- Wednesday 18th – Year 6 are organising a community bingo at 10am you and your families/neighbours are more than welcome to join us. Our Harvest service is on the same day at 1:45pm (Children can go home after the service).
*If you would like to order a copy of the book that we have put together in class based on ‘The boy, the mole, the fox and the horse’ you can now do so on parent pay for £2. Please place your order by next Friday so that we can get them printed in school and sent home before half term.
*Borwick Hall payments can be made via parent pay
*Thursday – homework and reading diary handed in.