This week has just flown by. In class we have continued our preparations for the Advent service, worked on our skills for the sports festival and have launched into our class book – ‘Mary Poppins’. On Wednesday we paused for a moment to think about how so many people around the world are still persecuted for having a faith. It was also great to see the children putting their faith in action, raising money for our current ACN (Aid to the Church in Need) project in India with crazy hair – I hope all the dye didn’t make too much mess at home!
Today has been a great day together as a class. We spent the day at the Primary Sport’s Festival with all children taking part and pushing themselves outside of their comfort zones. I was so proud of all of the children for showing confidence, resilience and a great team spirit.
Below are a couple of reminders for the next couple of weeks. If you have any questions then please don’t hesitate to contact me in school. Have a great weekend!
- Wednesday 30th November – Advent Service – 5pm (Children to be dropped off in school for 4:40pm)
- Thursday 1st December – Final day for Borwick Hall payments
- Monday 5th December – Friday 16th December – Swimming each afternoon (Children to wear PE kit and bring their swimming kit, swimming hat and a towel)
- Thursday 15th December – Pantomime trip
- Monday 19th December – Christmas lunch and party day
- Wednesday 21st December – Close for Christmas 1:30pm
- Thursday 12th January – Year 6 SATS and Borwick Hall meeting
- Thursday – homework and reading diary handed in
- Friday – Spelling test