School dinners are available for all children. If your child is in Reception, Year 1 or Year 2 then they are entitled to universal free school meals. For children in Years 3-6 there is a charge of £2.30 per day. Payment for school dinners should be made in advance via Parentpay.
For school pupils in Year 3 and above they could qualify for a free school meal if you receive:
- Income Support
- Income-based Jobseeker’s Allowance
- Income-related Employment and Support Allowance
- Support under Part VI of the Immigration and Asylum Act 1999
- The guaranteed element of Pension Credit
- Child Tax Credit (provided you’re not also entitled to Working Tax Credit and have an annual gross income of no more than £16,190)
- Working Tax Credit run-on – paid for 4 weeks after you stop qualifying for Working Tax Credit
- Universal Credit – if you apply on or after 1 April 2018 your household income must be less than £7,400 a year (after tax and not including any benefits you get)
To apply please visit the Free School Meal page on Lancashire County Councils website.