This weeks blog needs to start off with how proud we are of all the children after their Advent Service on Wednesday evening. No matter how they contributed, they did so with a great maturity and reverence to remind us of the real meaning of this season of preparation.
We have continued our writing this week with a focus on Mary Poppins. It has been great to see how the children have used a range of sentence lengths, noun phrases and dialogue to develop their writing, whilst thinking about what clues they can use to show that their story is set in the past.
In science we have been experimenting this week with light and shadows..we had some very creative ideas and some great scientific explanations. Well done!
Have a lovely weekend with your families and we shall see you bright and early on Monday morning.
Up and coming dates
- 8th December – Play for Peace School Council Event
- 15th December – Whole school Pantomime visit (PE Kit)
- 20th December – Christmas Lunch and Jumper Day
- Thursday – homework and reading diary handed in
- Friday – PE Kit to be worn
- Next half term PE will be on a Monday